Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Keeping your job

It's no surprise that the internet is buzzing with advice on how to keep your job (and how to find one if you already lost it). After all we are in a recession and job losses are still high. But some of the advice makes me laugh.

I tell my staff manager off.

I argue with my district manager when he's wrong and have proven him wrong several times.

I rarely show up on time (I'm generally running a few minutes late in the morning).

I goof off when I feel like it.

I send joke emails to management.

Why do I still have a job?

Maybe I should write my own advice column on how to keep your job if you work for the government...




2 comments:

  1. For those who read this and don't know me:

    We work hard! We need to goof off and joke and have fun to keep our sanity.

    ReplyDelete

Miri 1994-2009

Miri 1994-2009
I Miss You